Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Workout 1.0

Today's workout went really well. 9 people showed up despite the wind and bad directions, (sorry Tyler, I had to take that shot at you). This was the first time that most had done the Mudder workout and I think they'll all agree its a tough one. I'm always tired after it.

We will do more of these as the spring/summer commences, (if you want). We were thinking of having one every couple of weeks so there should be no reason to not see all of you at least once. More to come as time moves along.

One thing that came up is most of you are concentrating on the running portion which is great but don't forget the muscle conditioning as well. From what I've heard, if you can run a 5km you will be okay with the running part. The rest of the time you will need those muscles to get you over walls, through fires and of course, to wipe the tears from your eyes. So if you haven't already, start on the prescribed workout from the Tough Mudder website.

Here are a couple of shots from today. There were two folks that had to get back to work before we took these. We'll get you next time.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for organizing the workout today Shawn, looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly appreciated, thanks again. Ill try to have my own weights for next time! I think I'll start with 15 and work up from there. Even with 10 it was tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join you guys next time, I promise. Had to let my body rest. Also, I have two 25lb kettle bell weights, but someone might have to help me bring them since I don't have a car.........(looking in your direction Shawn, since I know must have driven down).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good looking group. I only heard 5k is enough in that random YouTube video tips. Tough Mudder recommends 8k (5 miles) in their workout. There was even an article with tough murder veterans that recommended more running than 8k. I just don't want people to rest on their laurels.

    ReplyDelete